Accidentally Trolling Since 2009 (erinfinnegan) wrote,
Accidentally Trolling Since 2009

WTF is this thing: ※?!

I've noticed manga-ka use this symbol: ※ as a bullet point for exceptions... or something like that. Footnotes?

Anyone know what it's called?

Edit: Ah! An answer from Melissa:
"It’s called a こめじるし (rice mark, I guess it looks like grains of rice) and it gets used pretty much the same way we use an asterisk. Like, it usually denotes a footnote-type remark."
Tags: ascii, html
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded