I am thinking about moving back to having a simple Wordpress blog... but then a coworker was complaining that Wordpress sucks, there are better blogging applications. Are there? Like what? At least I know how to use Wordpress. I have a Tumblr account, but I don't really believe in using Tumblr for text.
Moving on, some blog-worthy moments have happened in the last couple of days:
- My elevator stopped on a darkened 5th floor, where a girl in a mask was playing a cello. A tall man dressed in crazy tribal-influenced drag complete with a face-covering veil got on playing the song "Empire State of Mind" on his iphone and kept it playing the entire ride.
- I came back from my break yesterday to see someone carrying a brass sousaphone in the lobby of the building. I always preferred those to the fiberglass variety.
- I stopped by L.A. Burdick, the chocolatier, for an overpriced yet extremely powerful cup of $6 hot chocolate, which I then took to work on the subway. Some busking break dancers decided to perform directly in front of me, potentially threatening my beverage in a very Lebowski moment.
- Speaking of Lebowski, I walked down Thompson Street for the first time in potentially four years and happened upon The Little Lebowski Shop.
- As per the above drag queen, when I returned from my break later the same day, he was out on the curb with three girls in animal-print bikinis and kaiju leg warmers, pretending to hail a cab while another man photographed them.
Only in New York.